7 Delicious Oca Potato Hacks
January 7, 2019
Everyone loves potatoes and you may not think they’re the most nutritious of vegetables, but potatoes can certainly be delicious and health. Sometimes you just need a little inspiration. Luckily Nurtured in Norfolk have many Oca Potato hacks that will turn your beloved carb into the star of every meal.
With that in mind, here are 7 incredible Oca Potato hacks that you probably never thought of before. You don’t want to miss this!
1. Make sweet oca potato crisps by slicing them on a mandolin and microwaving them for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
Place the sliced potatoes on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle with salt. Then microwave for 2 and a half minutes and no oil needed. Find the recipe here.
2. Make croutons by chopping oca potatoes into extra-small cubes and roast them for an extra few minutes.
Works with both golden and sweet potatoes. Find the recipe here.
3. When the oca’s are tender, dump out the water they are cooked in, return the drained potatoes, and heat them for another minute for extra fluffy mash.
When your potatoes are done, drain the pot of all water, then cook the potatoes on medium-high heat for another minute or so (stir, and make sure not to burn them). This will ensure to remove any excess water, giving you thick and creamy mash potato that isn’t watery.
4. Make oca potato gnocchi using a mix of mashed oca potatoes and flour.
This recipe simply requires 2 ingredients, potatoes and flour to make gnocchi, plus whichever sauce you would like to top your gnocchi with. Find the recipe here.
5. Slice or grate raw oca without peeling and add to salads and sandwiches, or pickled as a condiment.
Eat raw in a salad and try with salt, lemon and hot pepper.
6. Forget cucumber! All you need to feel refreshed is a mask of sliced raw oca potatoes. Put them on your eyes to reduce redness and fade away dark circles.
The enzymes and astringent properties in this vegetable help reduce inflammation and help tighten the skin, it can also help get rid of wrinkles.Read more here.
7. Fry up oca potato and use them as an ingredient to add a sweeter taste and texture.
Why not try adding them in a cheese sandwich, for an alternative ‘potato-crisps-in-a-sandwich trick. Find the recipe here.