Daisy in the Dark Picks – Golden Peas
August 21, 2019
Every fortnight we bring you ‘Daisy Picks‘ where our head of customer relations & accounts will choose her favourite product and share with you all why she thinks it’s a must have in the kitchen and what she would pair it with.
Daisy is always up to date with all of our latest products here at Nurtured in Norfolk and here she talks about golden peas in the dark:
“Enjoy the last of your summer days with our golden peas”
Daisy went on to say why you should be treating yourself to golden peas…
“Because they are very juicy & fresh”
Golden peas are part of the fabaceae family, they have a tender & delicate texture with the taste of spring.
Golden pea shoots are a colourful addition to salads, stir-fried dishes, soups & stews.
They pair very well with the flavour of ginger & garlic.
Daisy’s Top Hacks…
- Golden peas are the perfect substitute when craving a pea soup.
- Make delicious spiced golden pea parcel, freeze then cook as and when. A tasty snack on standby!
- Create a golden pea, mint & ricotta combo, for a perfect sinful dish.
- Why not try, buttery ginger golden peas, that work great alongside lamb.
- Celebrate a meaty superior halibut with creamed golden peas.
- Add an extra bonus to the classic British dish of gnocchi, with golden peas & bacon.
Did you know…
Golden pea shoots provide a great amount of vitamin C and protein.
Want to know more?
Please do contact us via our ‘Get in Touch’ page above, on any information you would like to know about our range of products.