Daisy Picks – Cut Peas
April 11, 2019
Every fortnight we bring you ‘Daisy Picks‘ where our head of customer relations & accounts will choose her favourite product and share with you all why she thinks it’s a must have in the kitchen and what she would pair it with.
Daisy is always up to date with all of our latest products here at Nurtured in Norfolk and went on to say..
“Peas are so fresh this time of year they make any dish feel like spring”
Some other tasty ways to use our versatile salad and tendril cut peas would be to pair them with flavours such as; carrots, potatoes, shallots, asparagus, mushrooms, bacon, fish, creamy sauces, cheese, butter, basil and mint. They both can be eaten raw, but also great cooked similarly to other leafy greens. For the best nutritional value, pea shoots are best served fresh, lightly steamed, or sautéed which are excellent in salads.
Daisy’s Top Hacks…
- Pea shoots make a great garnish and are a nice addition to a superfood smoothie.
- Stir-fried pea shoots are a simple and amazingly delicious dish.
- Increase the salt and cook over a very heat. Nurtured’s sweet tasting pea shoots will balance the salt, meaning no added sugar is needed.
- Lightly cook pea shoots with garlic and give scrambled eggs a springy twist.
- Add pea shoots to a steamed fish for the last few minutes of cooking and they become meltingly soft.
- Pea shoots requires a little more oil than you’d usually use to cook veggies.
- When cooking pea shoots, do not cover the lid more than once, or your peas will turn yellow.
Did you know…
Pea shoots are very high in Vitamin K. They are also full of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and folic acid.
Pea shoots are a nutritionally dense food packed with beta carotene, vitamin C, folate and fibre.
Want to know more?
Please do contact us via our ‘Get in Touch’ page above, on any information you would like to know about our range of products.