Halloween baking doesn’t have to be all red and black food colouring! Why not try a very beautiful halloween creation – with edible flowers of course!
This Halloween, we’ve teamed up with chefs and bakers for Halloween Recipe #takeovers. This week, the incredibly insta-worthy feed of @whipandwhiskcakery has shared her recipe for Halloween Edible Bark.
Using our Halloween Mixed Flower punnet, @whipandwhiskycakery has made the most tempting choccy cake decoration – or treat on its own!
Follow her simple how-to below.
- 150g Good quality White Chocolate, melted over a Bain Marie
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Edible Glitter
- Nurtured in Norfolk Halloween Mixed Flowers
- Additional Toppings: Freeze Dried Raspberries, Pistachios, Chocolate Chips
- Gently wash your edible flowers and dry with a paper towel
- Smooth out your melted chocolate over greaseproof paper to approximately half a centimetre thick with a large pallet knife
- Once smooth, carefully place your edible flowers on top, spreading evenly all over
- Sprinkle your chosen toppings in gaps – you can add as little or as many as you would like!
- Add your sprinkles – you can place them neatly or go mad and throw them on!
- With a food-safe brush, dip into the edible glitter and tap over the bark to add the perfect, sparkling finishing touch
- Place the chocolate on a chopping board to keep flat and put in the fridge until the chocolate has set
- Once set, use a sharp knife and cut into sections. The chocolate will break up and you’ll be left with yummy Halloween edible bark.
You can add the bark to your favourite dishes or enjoy it by itself as a lovely rich Halloween treat! Instead of chocolate, @whipandwhiskcakery suggests you can even use flavoured yoghurt to make your bark.
To give the recipe a go yourself, you can shop our Seasonal Flower Mix here. Be sure to tag @Whipandwhiskycakery and @NurturedinNorfolk in your creations!