Christmas Baby Carrots Recipe
Christmas is a little different this year, so why not make your veggies a little different too! Christmas is all about bringing out those speciality vegetables, and we think Nurtured in Norfolk Baby Vegetables are the perfect way to do that this season!
We caught up with Norfolk-based Chef Terry Balme for his chamomile and butter baby carrots recipe. Check out his simple how-to below. And don’t forget, this can easily be multiplied per packs of baby carrots! Terry uses rainbow carrots for his recipe, but orange carrots will work just as well!
- Unsalted Butter (250g)
- Baby Rainbow Carrots (200g (1 Pack))
- Dried Chamomile Flowers (Handful )
- Bunched Thyme (4 Sprigs)
- Star Anise (2)
- Add the carrots and butter to a short, deep pan.
- Melt the butter, tossing the baby carrots to ensure they’re covered.
- Then, add a handful of dried chamomile edible flowers, 4 sprigs of thyme herb, 2 star anise and simmer.
- Leave to simmer on the hob until the carrots are cooked.
- Serve alongside your other favourite veggies!