Vacancy - Despatch Operative – Hiring NOW!
August 26, 2021
Working Pattern: 7.30am - 4pm OR 6.30am - 3pm
Location: Hillside Nurseries, 157 Shipdham Rd, Dereham NR19 1NP
Location: Dereham, Norfolk
Hours: 5 shifts Approx. 37.5 hours.
Nurtured in Norfolk is a family run business based on the outskirts of Dereham, growing and supplying a range of high-quality Micro Cress, Herbs, Baby/Micro Vegetables, Pea Shoots, Edible Leaves and Flowers to a range of Wholesalers and Michelin Star Restaurants. With a reputation for quality the business has grown and invested a substantial amount in the last year improving packing and storage facilities for harvested products.
As a Despatch operative / order picker
Some of the Daily Roles and responsibilities:
· Putting orders together into relevant boxes as per order paperwork.
· Ensuring products are counted correctly.
· Writing numbers of boxes on the checklist.
· Double checking orders and number of boxes before we deem any order complete.
· Ensure all stock is handled in a way as to minimise the risk of damage while in stock or during delivery.
· Reporting any issues to our Supervisor.
· Keeping work areas tidy’.
· Empty bins when full. Breaking down boxes before putting them in big blue bins.
· Maintaining high levels of Health and Safety standards.
· Turning up at work early enough to be ready to start work at exactly precise time the team is supposed to start so as Not to slow down the process and maintain speed of work – this is called Good Time Management. Respecting set breaks times.
Assist in putting away incoming stock from our suppliers/pack rooms as per supervisor’s directions. Visual quality checks for damaged packing to be reported.
Despatch Operative shifts are:
7.30am – 4pm OR 6.30am – 3pm.
Due to high volume of applicants expected we may not be able to call every single applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days then please consider your application unsuccessful.
Reference ID: Despatch Operative
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £8.91 per hour