Vacancy - Greenhouse Worker
January 7, 2022
Working Pattern: Monday - Friday (7.30am - 4pm)
Location: Hillside Nurseries, 157 Shipdham Rd, Dereham NR19 1NP
Nurtured In Norfolk Ltd is a family run business that grow and nurture a range of Edible Flowers and Micro Herbs. In addition, we supply a wide range of the UK’s top chefs, restaurants and wholesalers.
Our Greenhouse Worker job is based mainly inside the greenhouse, as well as outdoors and occasionally in a chilled packing room. Experience of working on a nursery or in horticulture within the fresh produce industry is ideal. However, training will be given where necessary.
Key job duties include:
- Cultivation, planting, irrigation, nutrition, general nursery maintenance and harvesting seed crops.
- Depending on the job, you could also pick, sort, label and package produce.
- Speed cutting fresh produce.
- Speed packing fresh produce to specification.
- Heavy lifting and bending will be required due to the nature of the job
- General nursery and packing room maintenance.
The ideal Greenhouse Worker candidate will have the following essential skills (although training will be given):
- Previous experience of cultivating plants from seed to harvest would be an advantage.
- A knowledge of plants and their care.
- Genuine interest in growing plants and flowers.
- It is essential you have the ability to carry out physical manual work involving; lifting, bending and carrying.
- Previous experience within fast paced fresh produce packing environment.
- The ability to understand and follow health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work either alone or as a member of a team.
- Positive attitude to work and new challenges.
- Practical skills, a reasonable ability in maths.
Due to high volume of applicants expected we may not be able to call every single applicant. In conclusion, if you do not hear from us within 14 days then please consider your application unsuccessful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place