Vacancy - Packing Room & Picking Operative
August 26, 2021
Working Pattern: 7.30am - 4pm OR 6.30am - 3pm
Location: Hillside Nurseries, 157 Shipdham Rd, Dereham NR19 1NP
Packing Room & Flower Picking Operative
Location: Dereham, Norfolk
Hours: 5 shifts Approx. 37.5 hours.
Nurtured in Norfolk is a family run business based on the outskirts of Dereham, growing and supplying a range of high-quality Micro Cress, Herbs, Baby/Micro Vegetables, Pea Shoots, Edible Leaves and Flowers to a range of Wholesalers and Michelin Star Restaurants. With a reputation for quality the business has grown and invested a substantial amount in the last year improving packing and storage facilities for harvested products.
Packing Room / Picking Operative may be required to:
· Use various pieces of equipment to assist with manufacturing, packaging, and other steps along a production process. While the exact duties may vary a production operative may be expected to be trained on various light machinery.
Examples of tools equipment used: scales, thermometer, heat sealer, packing machine, label guns(applicators), raw materials (punnets, boxes, labels), etc.
· Following food processing rules as outlined by Health and Safety company Guidelines, i.e. using the right equipment for the task, cleaning, being cautious of allergens, etc. Immediately report in case of doubt for breaking any H&S regulations at the work place or if someone is at risk.
· Working to meet orders as designated by the Supervisor by making sure you are using the correct raw material, packaging, bag size, labels-top and box (with correct batch code, country of origin, date), correct pack size(weight).
· Measuring, sorting, grading and feeding batches of fresh herbs (raw material, veggies or flowers) onto production line or by hand into punnets or individual bags.
· Cutting and picking flowers and fresh produce.
· Have attention to detail
· Reporting immediately for equipment faults to the Supervisor.
· Taking responsibility for equipment and cleaning tools whilst using them.
· Making sure bins are not overflowing with rubbish and any boxes are first dismantled before putting them in the bin.
· Making sure the floor is swept and free of clutter.
· Multitasking with various tasks as outlined by the Supervisor, including helping out in other departments. If you multitask in other departments you must adhere to that department’s supervisor’s directions.
· Turning up at work early enough to be ready to start work at exactly precise time.
Packing Room & Flower Picking Operative shifts are:
7.30am – 4pm OR 6.30am – 3pm.
Due to high volume of applicants expected we may not be able to call every single applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days then please consider your application unsuccessful.
Reference ID: Packing Room & Flower Picking Operative
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £8.91 per hour