Vanilla Cupcakes with Edible Flowers Recipe
June 17, 2021
Happy National Cupcake Day! With so many gorgeous cupcakes being tagged on our social media, we just had to share a recipe! Cupcake Day hopes to raise awareness and raise money for Alzheimers Society. So, if you’re hosting an intimate coffee morning, or bringing bakes into work, we’ve got the recipe just for you!
These edible flower topped vanilla cupcakes come from Short & Sweet London, who always tag us in stunning floral bakes. Check out the recipe below, and don’t forget to tag Nurtured in Norfolk and Short & Sweet London in your creations on social media!
For the Vanilla Cupcakes:
- 125g Butter (Very Soft)
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 300g Self-Raising Flour
- 20ml Lemon Juice
- 140ml Milk
- Vanilla Paste or Essence
- Heat the oven to 160°C, fan/350°F, convection.
- Cream the very soft butter and sugar until almost white and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Next, add half the flour until just combined.
- Add the the juice and milk and mix until combined, then add the remaining flour.
- Scoop into paper baking cup-lined cupcake tins.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and set on a wire rack to cool completely.
*Note* Take the vanilla cupcakes out of the tin after 10-15 minutes of cooling.
For the buttercream:
- 250g Butter (Soft)
- 500g Icing Sugar
- Vanilla Paste or Other Flavouring
- Mix the butter until soft.
- Slowly add the icing sugar until fully mixed.
- Pipe the buttercream onto your cupcakes and then decorate with your favourite Nurtured in Norfolk edible flowers.
*Note* If the butter is too hard, add a teaspoon of boiling water until its a nice texture to pipe onto the cupcakes.