Chef Jamie Coleman shares his recipe for Cornish Hake with a Cauliflower and Mint Curry, topped with micro coriander cress & apple mint tips.
Ingredients: Milk, Butter, Yeast, Salt, 2x Cauliflower heads
- Melt butter in a pan until golden
- Add cauliflower and cook until tender
- Remove excess fat
- Add milk and yeast, then blend until smooth
Ingredients: Sugar, Water, Olive Oil, Star Anise, Pernod, Lemon Juice, Peeled Grapes
- Warm the sugar, water, olive oil, star anise, Pernod and lemon juice together, then pour over the grapes.
Ingredients: Mint, Oil
- Bring both the ingredients to 62C, then pass.
Ingredients: Onion, Garlic Cloves, Garam Masala, Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Coconut Milk
- Sweat the onion and garlic in a little oil
- Add the spices and toast
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes
- Add the coconut milk then strain and season to taste.
Ingredients: Romanesque, Curry Salt, Butter
- Warm the butter in a pan, then, when foaming, add the cauliflower and season with curry salt
- Cook until tender.
Ingredients: Granny Smith Apple, Shallot, Curry Powder, Lime Leaf, Port, Golden Raisin
- Sweat the shallots in a little oil, then add the curry powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes
- Blend until smooth.
- Season and cook the hake in a foaming butter
- On the plate, place a dot of the raisin puree and top with the hake
- Dress the cauliflower garnish around and on the fish
- Whizz the sauce to lighten and spoon next to the hake
- Finish with mint oil and herbs.