Best Preparation for Edible Flowers
September 29, 2020
Preparing edible flowers is key, and super quick!
Our edible flowers, micro cress and edible leaves are grown in soil in our greenhouses and fields here in Norfolk. This means, there may be the odd little pest on your blooms! That’s not a problem though, with our simple guide below, we’ll tell you exactly how to prepare your flowers.
It might be temping to throw your blooms in a large sift and run them under nice cold water, shaking off any unwanted bugs. However, this is something you definitely don’t want to do!
Follow below for our simple steps for preparing edible flowers:
- When your order arrives, keep those beauties sealed and pop them straight in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to use your blooms, prepare a bowl of cool water and a few sheets of kitchen paper, or a kitchen towel.
- Then, gently tip your blooms in the water, swirling the water and gently brushing any stubborn bugs off the flowers.
- Once they’ve had a good rinse, place them individually on the kitchen paper, or towel. Delicately pat any excess water off.
- You’re now good to go! With fresh flowers, ready to be used on all of your edible creations.
We recommend saving your flower decoration until the last minute! Ice your bakes, desserts, main courses and drinks, then, get to preparing edible flowers. Once your blooms are dry and just before serving, pop them on and watch your guests faces light up!
Be sure to head to our Instagram page to see how our edible flowers have been used!