Creamed Feta on Walnut & Buckwheat Flat Bread with Seasonal Herbs.
Makes approximately 12 portions.
- Toasted and Crushed Walnuts (Or flour if you'd prefer) (100g)
- Bread Flour (Around 12% Protein) (250g)
- Buckwheat Flour (60g)
- Water (210ml)
- Yeast (5g)
- Salt (6g)
- Caraway Seeds (Optional) (1tsp)
- Feta Cheese (360g)
- Thick Greek Yoghurt (100ml)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (20ml)
- Bunch of your chosen herbs - Mint/Tarragon/Basil/Parsley
- Mix all ingredients together, apart from salt and buckwheat flour, and leave covered for 20 minutes to autolyse. Add the buckwheat flour and salt to the mixture and combine well. Leave to prove for 2 hours in a warmish environment. Turn dough and equally divide into 12 small balls – leave to prove for 15 mins on a floured work top. Roll balls into small disc shapes and cook one side until puffed on a hot skillet/ frying pan. Flip and cook the other side.
- Whilst the dough is proving, in a high-speed blender, process the feta cheese and olive oil. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl and whisk in yoghurt. Refrigerate to re-set mixture
- Pick and clean herbs.
To plate/ assemble.
Fry one side of the flat bread in some butter, until golden and crispy. Leave the bread to cool. Apply a generous quantity of creamed feta. Layer the herbs by pressing into the creamed feta.