Victoria’s Kitchen Lemon Drizzle Bundt Cake
July 8, 2020
Victoria’s Kitchen Lemon Drizzle Bundt Cake decorated with Edible Flowers
- 250g Plain Flour
- 250g Salted Butter – plus extra for greasing the tin or Cake Release spray
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 3 x finely grated zest of Lemons
- 4 x Large Eggs (free range)
- 100g Caster Sugar
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 100g Icing Sugar
- Punnet of Nurtured in Norfolk Edible Flowers
- 2.4 litre Bundt Tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4
- Spray the inside of the tin with Cake Release or coat with butter using your hands or a brush
- Sift the Flour and Baking Powder into a large bowl
- In a different bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and lemon zest until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add the eggs (room temp) one at a time, combining well after each one, then gently fold in the dry mixture until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the top. Bake for 38 – 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking you can make the Sugar syrup. Heat the sugar and lemon juice in a pan and let bubble until reduced by half. Then transfer the syrup to a small bowl to cool quicker.
- When the cake is baked, poke holes all over the surface with a cocktail stick or skewer, and while the cake is still warm, pour over the cooled syrup. Leave the syrup to soak into the cake for around 15 minutes, then turn the bundt tin onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- While it’s cooling, make the Drizzle. Put the icing sugar into a bowl and add a teaspoon of cold water. Stir well until smooth, adding a little more water until the icing reaches a thick, pourable consistency.
- Drizzle over the cake then decorate beautifully with the edible flowers.
If you’ve enjoyed Vic’s recipe, or would like to see more of her work, be sure to check out her Instagram page, @Vicskitchen. You might even fancy enrolling yourself on one of her cake decorating classes at her Victoria’s Kitchen studio. Head to her website here.