Morning Glory Thai Herb Stir Fry
May 14, 2021
Morning Glory Thai Herb is here, and we think its going to be a popular one!
We’ve got lots of new Thai Herbs and we can’t wait to see how our customers use them. Although, if our Thai range is totally new to you, it may be a little daunting! But fear not, we’ve got an easy to follow stir fry recipe below, using our Morning Glory bunched herb. Charlotte from Instagram page @Char_cuterieboards used to teach in Thailand and puts Morning Glory down as one of her favourite herbs! Follow Charlotte’s easy step-by-step Pad Pak Boong recipe below.
Morning Glory Thai Herb has tender leaves and crunchy stems. Its flavour is mild and sweet, then deliciously nutty when cooked. Morning Glory is also known by the name Kangkong Leaves. They have lots of health benefits, including being a good source of Vitamins C and K.
Get prepped for the recipe below and shop Morning Glory on our website here.
Pad Pak Boong
- Garlic Cloves (2)
- Red Spur Chilli (1)
- Vegetable Oil (2 Tbsp)
- Nurtured in Norfolk Morning Glory Thai Herb – Cut into 5cm pieces (200g)
- Salted Soy Bean Paste (1 Tbsp)
- Nam Pla (Thai Fish Sauce) (1 Tsp)
- Oyster Sauce (1 Tbsp)
- Granulated Sugar (1 Tsp)
- Pound the garlic and chilli together using a pestle and mortar.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Stir in the garlic mixture, followed by the remaining ingredients. Stir-fry for roughly 90 seconds. Do not overcook – you want the stalks to retain their crunch and bite.
- Serve immediately.
If you feel inspired and want to give Charlotte’s recipe a go with our Morning Glory Thai Herb, be sure to tag us on social media so we can see! You can also share your dishes with Charlotte on Facebook and Instagram.