Nasturtium Flowers – Daisy Picks
May 1, 2019
Every fortnight we bring you ‘Daisy Picks‘ where our head of customer relations & accounts will choose her favourite product and share with you all why she thinks it’s a must have in the kitchen and what she would pair it with.
Daisy is always up to date with all of our latest products here at Nurtured in Norfolk, explains why Nasturtium Flowers are her favourite product this season:
Daisy being a keen foodie herself at went on to say..
“They are so versatile, they go with a starter, main and dessert”
But Daisy asks you one question… Can you handle the heat?
Nasturtium flowers work well in a variety of savoury preparations. The flowers will add a spicy touch to salads and try them combined with cream cheese or butter in canapés, or in a cheese and tomato sandwich. Nasturtium flowers can also be used to garnish steaks or casseroles. These vibrant flowers have a strong peppery taste which makes them ideal for all sorts of garnishes, salads and pasta dishes.
Daisy’s Top Hacks…
- Mix flower petals and leaves into green salads or add as an edible garnish
- Chop flower petals and mix in with other herbs to create a compound butter.
- Wash flowers and leaves in cool water and blot dry.
- The flowers adds a water-cress like flavour in salads and sandwiches, tossed with pasta or grain dishes.
- Add the flowers to savoury dishes and desserts, to give them a touch of elegance.
- These little delicacies are perfect for afternoon tea, why not try stuffing them.
Did you know…
Nasturtium Flowers are extremely nutritious as they contain vitamin C and iron.
Want to know more?
Please do contact us via our ‘Get in Touch’ page above, on any information you would like to know about our range of products.