Bake Off: The Professionals and Nurtured Way Chef, Ruth Scanlon, shares her Raspberry and Shiso Leaf Cremeux recipe.
1. Bring the raspberry purée to the boil, add the shiso and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
2. Pass the purée. Add the sugar and citric acid then bring to the boil again.
3. Add the eggs and egg yolk off the heat, then whisk on the heat until it’s cooked. It will look thick and glossy.
4. Bloom the gelatine leaves in cold water then add them to the mix.
5. Using a hand blender, blitz in the butter a couple of pieces at a time.
6. Set in the fridge, in a mould or otherwise.