Nurtured in Norfolk BBQ Mix is here!
After what feels like years of bad weather, summer finally seems to be showing its face – and just in time for BBQ week! It’s National BBQ Week, and our summer BBQ Mix is now available to shop. If you are needing some inspiration for your BBQs this summer, you are in the right place.
Our BBQ Mix is made up of a bed of herbs, topped with fresh summer edible flowers. The mix is the very best of what is available on the day, and sticks with a light summer colour scheme.
To inspire your summer creations, we’ve teamed up with sensational content creator and recipe developer, Storm Ashdown, to show you how you can use our summer mix. Storm has a social media feed full of gorgeous dishes, all so tempting and garnished to perfection! To check out Storm’s feed, head to What Storm Eats on Instagram.
In the meantime, check out what Storm has to say about our BBQ Box, and follow her tasty recipe below.
Spicy Crab Rolls
For the launch of the new BBQ Mix filled with a wonderful array of beautiful edible flowers and herbs, these delicious Spicy Crab Rolls will be a favourite at your next BBQ or gathering. Using the decadent Kewpie mayonnaise and Shichimi Togarashi, a Japanese seven-spice blend of chilli, herbs and seaweed, they are utterly moreish. These edible flowers not only look beautiful but also they add a wonderful dimension to these warm, buttered brioche rolls filled with the spicy crab.
- 150g White crab meat
- 50g Kewpie mayonnaise (or regular mayonnaise)
- 4 Spring onions finely chopped
- 10ml Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Shichimi Togarashi (you can use less if you enjoy less spice. If you don’t have any of this, you can use some sesame seeds and chilli flakes)
- 4 Brioche rolls
- 1 tbsp Butter, melted
- A sprinkling of Shichimi Togarashi to serve
- 5g Chopped chives (to decorate)
- A selection of edible flowers from the Nurtured in Norfolk BBQ Mix (to decorate)
- Lemon wedges
- Prepare the brioche rolls by slicing and toasting in a hot pan to give a little colour. Brush with melted butter.
- In a bowl, add the white crab meat, kewpie mayonnaise, finely sliced spring onions, lemon juice and the shichimi togarashi. Mix well until all incorporated.
- Fill the warm toasted brioche buns with the crab mix, finish with a pinch of chopped chives, a little more shichimi togarashi, and a selection of beautiful edible flowers for colour, flavour and texture.
If you’ve given Storm’s tasty recipe a go, be sure to tag Nurtured in Norfolk and What Storm Eats on Instagram, so we can see your creations! Don’t forget to shop our BBQ Mix here before you start!