Follow Cake Boy London’s fantastic Pistachio Bundt Cakes recipe, decorated with lemon verbena and edible cornflowers.
To make the sponge:
- Using melted butter, or grease spray, grease your Bundt pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade, or 160 fan oven.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, pistachio paste and vanilla bean paste using an electric hand whisk or free standing mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mix one by one, mixing well after each egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients together and gently fold into the mix until fully incorporated.
- Fill the Bundt tins to just over 3/4 full to ensure they rise to the top when baked. Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the tin slightly before removing and turning over.
To make the ganache:
- In a saucepan combine the 55g of the whipping cream, glucose and honey. Heat gently while stirring until the glucose and honey have melted.
- Meanwhile melt the white chocolate, either with shorts bursts in a microwave or in a bowl over a pan of hot water.
- Once melted, stir the warmed cream mixture into the chocolate gradually in 3-4 parts.
- After it’s all incorporated, pour in the remaining 150g of whipping cream and mix until all combined, leave to chill in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
- Once chilled, use a whisk and whip until soft peaks are formed.
- Use a piping bag to fill the centre of each Bundt cake with the white chocolate ganache and top with Lemon Verbena.
I decorated these Pistachio Bundt Cakes with:
Pink chocolate disks
Candied lemon peel
Toasted flaked almonds
If you loved Cameron’s recipe, you can read more about him on his profile. Or check him out on Instagram, @cameronolamb.