Dr Gin gives Valentines Cocktail Inspiration
January 30, 2020
All this week, we’ve collaborated with the fantastic Doctor Gin to show you all exactly what you can do with our Valentines Edible Flower Selection Wheel.
The limited edition wheel is made up of beautifully delicate edible flowers in pink, purple and red shades. Often it is hard to know exactly where to use edible flowers to set something off, so we’ve taken the stress away and had Doctor Gin craft some brilliantly romantic cocktails to impress your loved one with this valentines.
If you’ve struggled to keep up with the instagrams this week, don’t worry, as we’ve got all the recipes here! Read away and be inspired to make a cocktail you’ll love this February…
50ml Black Shuck Passion Gin
25ml Passionfruit Gin Liqeur
15ml Sugar Syrup
25ml Sloe Gin
1 Edible Rose from Nurtured’s Valentines Edible Flower Selection Wheel
- Shake the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker over ice
- Pour into your favourite glass and top up with Prosecco
- Garnish with a Nurtured edible rose.
50ml London Dry Gin
4tsp Lime Juice
25ml Sugar Syrup
1 Sprig of Coriander
1 Cup of Ice Cubes
Dianthus flowers from Nurtured’s Valentines Wheel
- Blitz all of the ingredients – except the edible flowers – together in a food processor until smooth
- Pour into your favourite glass and garnish with a strawberry and Nurtured’s Dianthus flowers.
Adam and Eve
50ml Caorrun gin
1 Braeburn Apple
4 tsp Lime Juice
A few drops of Bitters
A pinch of Apple Blossom from Nurtured’s Valentines Wheel
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender with a handful of ice, until smooth
- Pour into your glass and garnish with a slice of apple and apple blossom flowers.
Slippery when wet
2 Small ripe strawberries
20ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
60ml Gin (Dr Gin used Taarquin’s Strawberry and Lime Gin)
1 tbsp of Honey
1 heaped tbsp of plain unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- Mix the strawberries, lemon juice and honey together in a cocktail shaker and muddle well
- Add the gin and greek yoghurt to the shaker
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake until well chilled
- Pour over crushed ice and garnish with ground black pepper and a slice of strawberry
- Finish with a flower of your choice from Nurtured’s Valentines wheel
French Pink Lady
25ml Triple Sec
3 tsp Pastis
1 tsp Lime Juice
3 Carnation flowers from Nurtured’s Valentines wheel
- Add the gin, lime juice, triple sec, raspberries and pastes to a cocktail shaker and muddle well
- Top the shaker up with ice and shake until chilled
- Strain to a martini glass and garnish with a lime wedge and edible flowers.
If you enjoyed Doctor Gin’s Valentines cocktails, be sure to follow him on instagram.